Adobe FlashPlayer

I'm working on revamping station ideas to tie them in with my Field Notes lessons. One of the stations I want to pursue is I am a Biographer and I thought I'd start with Women's History since it starts just next Tuesday. 

Read Write Think had this great idea of creating a scrapbook for Women's History. 

First, decide how to organize the scrapbook. Group entries thematically, such as Women in Sports, Women in Politics, or Women in Science. Pages can be arranged chronologically, by date, year, or decade. Students may also choose a unique approach, such as Women's History A-Z, with an entry for each letter of the alphabet. Use the Alphabet Organizer to get started.

I like this because it can be done any month for this station, so I click on the Alphabet Organizer link. This lovely screen is what I see:


Whoa! Wait! I thought I had Flash! Obviously I don't, so I click on the link and find out that they have retired Flash. mmmmmm that would explain why I've seen nothing needing it in ages. 


The good news is that I probably already have something similar, but it's going to bug me for a bit that I couldn't see this one!

I am realizing that I'm seriously behind the times on this. FlashPlayer was discontinued in December of 2020, and in January of 2021 Flash content was blocked. Well, drat. Since I haven't noticed this before (or maybe I did, but it was a year ago and I just forgot), kudos to all the sites that took care of their old Flash content. Wondering what other Flash dinosaurs are out there roaming the internet in surprise locations . . .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations