Summer is on the decline

For the last several years, I've written a "what I did on my summer vacation" post. Mainly to show that it's no 3 month vacay. (And 3 months!? Really?) So here goes.

  • Week long training at UNCG for clinical teachers.

  • Had my "read and ride" donors choose grant funded.

  • Went through the TED-X application process. (Accepted btw)

  • PD on Exploring NC Digitally. Thanks to NCSLMA.

  • Worked on campus about 20 days. I lost track. I was in more than I intended.

  • Wrote 2 math books for Carson Dellosa - a 4th and a 5th. This took up the majority of summer.

  • Went to the mountains for a few days with my girlfriends.

  • Attended multiple meetings for school or NCSLMA.

  • Applied for an admin program and scheduled a retirement meeting. The coupling of these two is bizarre, but I'm planning for every contingency. Mwahahaha

What I planned but didn't do:

  • Rework my school web page.

  • Practice my Spanish.

  • Plan like a library demon.

  • Read a book a week. I read, but . . .

  • Exercise like I wanted. I did but it was not at the level I planned.
The math books threw things off plan, but will pay for my new grad school endeavors.

What I worked in just because it was summer:

  • I ate watermelon. Pure ambrosia.

  • I went to the pool.

  • I napped.

  • I watched some Netflix.
Not an overly exciting time in my life, but bunches accomplished. And I got to spend some time (not enough) with old and new friends!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! You are an inspiration. Two math books..... wowsers! Can't wait to work with you some this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations