A day with Jeff Mack

If you don't know who Jeff Mack is, you have to meet him! Or at least read one of his fascinating books. His art can move a story along with few words! 

Four groups met with him. Each presentation was different. Each was fascinating. The students were enthralled. 

The highlight of the day for me was our luncheon though. We had a contest to see which students got to eat with him. A picture story book contest with one winner from each grade. Now I say it was the luncheon, but it wasn't the food, it was the time that Mr. Mack took with each student. He read every story and looked at each picture. He made comments and suggestions. He treated each child like an author worthy of his time. I was impressed on so many levels and really hope that I have the opportunity to work with him again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy