It's back to work I go . . .

Last week, the carpets were cleaned at school. I thought they would be done early in the week, so I could go in on Wednesday and Thursday, but didn't happen. I didn't get to go in.

So, instead I took a nap most days. Naps are really nice in the summer.

I also

  • went to a meeting on our county's adoption of Discovery Education.

  • went to a departmental meeting.

  • made a Little Free Library Box header (I'll have to take a pix, but it's to use in the library.)

  • made a magazine banner and figured out a way to display new magazines.

  • cleared out (and cleaned up) a small cart I think can work as a listening station.

  • found some large tubs that can be used for big item stations.

  • Worked on an August conference.

  • Met friends for lunch!

  • put a shed together

  • laid a tile floor on the patio

  • Went to Ikea to window shop for items I think I might like to use at home and in the library. We went on a family outing and ended up with two carts full of stuff. Not bad for window shopping.

Whew! Not really - it's fabulous to have a week to do that kind of stuff!

Bullet Journals


The thing I most enjoyed was finding information on Bullet Journals. (Thank you Pinterest!) I've already told you about my love/hate relationship with planners. Digital or notebook? Monthly/weekly or Monthly/daily or Weekly/Daily? What is the perfect combination of pages that gives you enough for notes on the fly? How do you find those notes again?

OK, I know for some of you, I've entered into the nutcase arena. But I also know that some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. *ahem*

Here are some sites to see what it is:

There are hundreds and hundreds of of sites and videos. What a time sucker. I finally had to stop reading and watching and grave a notebook and some pens to start.

Pictures. Some of them are works of art.




I still have a few composition books left over from when I taught Math, so I set one up using one of those. I want to try one with grid paper in it next time though. And I think that I'd like to put a calendar list for each month at the beginning so it could serve better as a calendar too. I may go ahead and do that at my current spot, just because I think I'll go crazy without it.

What I don't like: Lots of writing. I was making a ton of lists anyway with the library flip, but I already had a skeleton page. Mine is functional but not pretty. I'm going to work on that. And I think I'm going to run through a notebook really fast! Hoping that will slow down some after the summer.

What I do like: Everything is in one place. The index helps for finding things that were lost in my calendar. I've got all the pages I need for a certain day if a lot is going on.  There are oh so many ways you personalize it for what you need. You can use an expensive notebook or a cheap one.

I wasn't sure I'd like the monthly calendar list, so I drew off a grid for July and left a column for goals. For August, I just made the list like they show in the video on bulletjournal.com. I think I like the list just as well (if not better) and it was much quicker. It's also neater looking.

Maybe you are interested in a bullet journal??? I'd like to hear what you think.

Comments

  1. Bitsy,Do you have any good sources for purchasing 3-ring notebook sized filler paper that is specifically designed to transfer images from a person's graphing calculator on to an assignment sheet that would be handed in to the teacher as an assignment? Thanks.....Paul Kirkpatrick (Your old Baptist Board Friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, is it graphing paper you need? I always got mine at Office Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also buy the small composition notebooks with graph paper instead of lined paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably go for that on the next one Sandi. Notebooks can get really expensive! And I know the composition books hold up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations