What to do with photos?

I realized I had multiple copies of some photos on my phone. That's what started this adventure. Well, maybe I should say restarted. Back in time before phones were as smart as they are, I decided to digitize all our photos. I had to use a scanner though. Phones are much faster.

Decisions to be made include:

  • where to keep the digitized photos for perpetuity. I've already got pix in several places. Too hard to find and not good for sharing. I mainly used photobucket before. I don't think I'll keep it because it's not easy to maneuver.

  • what editing app to use ( I almost typed software here. How yesterday. ;) )

  • how to organize the photos.

  • which ones to keep. I'm trying to approach this like weeding books, but I'm finding it to be much more difficult.


I've tried a couple of apps on my phone.

  • Heirloom - not bad. It allows you to keep your photos in albums as well as to share them. Lacks an editing component, and it's kind of clunky.

  • Camera+ - this was more what I was looking for. You snap the pix of the pix and edit right there. Much easier to save to the camera roll than Heirloom.

  • Aviary - this one is on the computer (although there is also a version for the phone) and I haven't used it yet.


I've spent days reading all the best organizing advice. The one I like to most is to make a folder for each year and then put folders in that folder for events, or just number the photos in chronological order. The issue comes with those photos that you have no idea of time. I'm going to make some folders with just names and then see if I can narrow it down.

A couple of pix from my Mama & Papa Raper box.

[gallery ids="5262,5263" type="rectangular"]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations