So I haven't posted since November? Yikes!

I love to write. I know, I know. You certainly can't tell that by the frequency of my blog posts. I've been thinking  recently seriously about what to post. I've got teaching tips for the library and remodeling ideas to share. But I've actually got to stop doing those things to write about them.. It's just one more evening painting and then that one more becomes a week. Or one more week reorganizing shelves and then it's a month.  Then some how winter has completely passed and it's miraculously spring. But I've been doing and thinking about writing as I'm doing and then doing some more.

Here is an incomplete list so things I wanted to write about (and maybe I still will . . .)

  • Master bath renovation (1st week of December. Oh my goodness can we say terrible timing many many times?)

  • Stripping wall paper in hall and stairway. Repairing walls.

  • Painting room after room after room.

  • Researching flooring and cabinet paints.

  • Reading numerous (I have absolutely no idea how many) home improvement blogs. There are some fabulous ones out ther btw.

  • Refinishing half our furniture.

  • Just as an aside, I thought being the super worker that I am, I could do the whole house in a year. Wrong. This year will be the main floor. Next year the 2nd floor will get my attention..

  • Wrote an ELA book for Carson-Dellosa.

  • Oh, and I've lost 40 pounds.


So that's been home. Here's school:

  • Shifting non-fiction to a Dewey-bookstore hybrid.

  • Working on stations to cross grade levels and where the movement and noise level do t drive me completely bonkers.

  • Christmas break to now, working on a ncaa style bracket for favorite books.

  • Still color coding library, labeling . . .

  • Working on making old tittle 1 materials accessible.

  • Book inventory. There's also that pesky surprise asset tag inventory that came in from the county.

  • Reorganizing guided reading room.

  • Mmmmmmm, I'm forgetting something.

  • Oh, and I teach six classes a day k- 5.


I've got pictures of most things, but I've realized that I'm a terrible before picture taker. I have a tendancy to jump right in.

I like the overall look of the house, but I think my absolute favorite thing is how the refinished furniture looks. Maybe I'll talk about that next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations