But the furniture is white . . .

We painted the walls white. I say that with some trepidation. In my home-improvement related reading, I've found people have very strong opinions about white. We'd had deep blue walls for years, and I was just plain tired of it. OK, it also looked like it had been around for years. Paints of the past were not of the same quality as those found today. We also live in a center townhouse, so we only have windows in the front and back of the house. White really brightened things up. What became quickly evident however was that the white furniture that looked fabulous next to the blue walls made the house look like a sanitarium. After searching miles and miles of paint chips. We decided on Valspar's Jekyll Sans Souci Green with black accents. Valspar has a nice little color selector that allows you to save your colors. I've got nothing to disclose here. I paid for the paints I used at Lowes.

Here's the chip.

jekyll sans souci green

Here are a couple of pieces before the painting.

bathroom cabinet bar cabinet

This is just too much white.

Here are the two pieces of furniture we have in the dining room halfway done.  I used semi-gloss on the bases and gloss on the tops.

dr table half done DR display half done

The top of the table had been painted numerous times. The original finish just didn't hold up well and I just kept trying different things.

Here are a few of the finished pieces.

finished book case finished DR display finished dr table finished hall short book case finished office

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations