Professional Meetings

Today was the professional meeting for Library Media Coordinators for WSFCS. Mixed emotions on these. I'd always rather be at my school - this week is a tough one regardless of how ready I've ever felt walking into it. To many things to do! However, it's valuable to meet with others in the same job listening and talking with them about what we have in common and how our schools are different and the things we do. 

I got lots of ideas from today. Some I'd already been thinking on and some were new. I'd been planning on doing stations this year, but I heard some other ways librarians are using stations with students. We talked about different ways to do literacy, maker spaces, gaming, data uses. We had a gal from MackinVia come to speak with us. I haven't been able to log into that, but based on what we saw today, I think it could be great! We talked about county things that are not so exciting but that are good to know like evaluations. 

Tomorrow, I have to hit the library thinking about Thursday's open house. I need signs and signups for volunteers and the book fair. I need to find out about a drawing I'd like to have. I've got some ideas for signs.

And not to change the subject to abruptly, but did you know Dot Day is coming up?

 

Comments

  1. It was great to meet you! I love bouncing ideas off of others. I also want to incorporate stations as well as create a STEAM lab. But I think I shall start with one idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you too Crystal! I think the computers may just have to be a station this year! We could wear ourselves out doing too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bitsy, we use Mackin via and I love it for teaching (esp. the graphic novel) as they offer unlimted users on many titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! I've been working on an order! I'm excited to start working with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations