56 days of summer - 35

Today, my goal is to complete the MS for this math book, then let it sit until Monday for another round of editing. I'd also love to finish with my vehicles and get the BB paper cleaned up out of the guest room! I can do mess for a short period, but there comes a point that it wears on my nerves.

Cheryl Ristow posted a video this morning of a teacher decorating his room. It is not all practical, but I do love his enthusiasm. I have done some impractical things in my room (even knowing they were impractical) because I loved the way they looked and HOPE really does spring eternal donchano. I didn't do themes in my classrooms - well, I did, but the theme was Math. ;) I'm doing my second one in the library now and I love how the theme can tie things together. I love the filming theme he uses. Got to add that to my Pinterest board!

 

[youtube=http://youtu.be/7Wv-FwR8c4c]

 

Barb Kibler shared a Buzzfeed Link - 35 Money Saving DYIs for the Classroom from 2013. I realize this kind of teacher craftiness is not everyone's cup of tea, but I've tried many of these things. I cannot tell you how many stacking boxes and cans (metal and plastic) I've repurposed over the years. Sometimes what I ended up making was NOT less expensive because of covering it (or, yes, even the mistakes I made), but I just couldn't find something to fit a purpose. I would recommend finding boxes from a source other than the Post Office. Those are clearly marked that they are for USPS use only. But once you start collecting boxes, they multiply quickly.

 

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500"] paint chip calendar[/caption]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations