56 days of summer - 14

Today is the 4th of July. American Independence. I watched a sad video where people could tell what they do on the day but not what the day represents. I was going to make a comment, but then I saw two posts in the few on the screen that bashed teachers for this lack of knowledge. I don't know about you, but I did not need to go to school to know what we celebrate on July 4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJmNnEPZHW8&feature=share&list=PLAFEA994F0FAF5CD4&index=13

The day was not much different for me (since it is one of my summer days!). It was a beautiful day, so I read on the back deck for a while finishing Adrenaline. Then I:

  • Cut out letters for banners in the library.

  • Worked on the student page of the library website.

  • Got a few station activities started.

  • Cleaned out my desk and the office closet. (Which means a boatload of stuff for recycling and the shredder.)

  • Started looking over the assignment for the 5th grade math book.

  • Cooked out on the same deck ;)

  • Watched all of season 1 of The Paradise. This is a cute show if you haven't looked at it yet. There are only 8 shows in the first season.

  • I also watched a movie called Today's Special which was surprisingly funny. That was nice after I thought it might just be stupid. I've started too many shows or movies lately that just can't hold my attention.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9iRsoHS04

Beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwxv-EZpb7U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations