Juicing my fruits and veggies

Bella JuicerI jumped into the world of juicing last week. I'd been reading about juicing. It kept cropping up periodically in my journey from vegetarian to vegan. But at the beginning, just concentrating on eating whole plant foods was enough. What really made me want to take the plunge, however, was watching Joe Cross's movie, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. What a change juicing made in his life.

Ron and I headed out on a juicer hunt. We ended up with the Bella pictured to the side. I didn't want to get an expensive one in case I didn't like it, but I didn't want to get one that was so cheap that it fell apart in the first week or worse - didn't make quality juice.

I drank juice for breakfast and took three to work with me in mason jars for snacks and lunch. Most of my dinners were spinach salads. One night we splurged and I ate a grilled vegetable sandwich on rye with a side of fruit salad.

What I'm trying to decide is if I like juicing better than blending. The blender is much easier to clean up and there is much less waste than with the juicer. Blending keeps all the parts of the food and seems more filling, but the taste of the juice is oh so wonderful (absolutely wonderful!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy