Evernote

At the suggestion of Steven Anderson, I reloaded Evernote to give it yet another chance. I think Robert Jimenez's blog was the first place I read about it. I could see its advantages, but didn't use it much.

All this time, I've been looking for and fighting with ways to keep up with myself. So, I re-downloaded Evernote on the home laptop and the phone and started making some notes. So far it's been really helpful. I can use the web version at school (I should say so far on this count. I remember how I felt the day I walked in to find that dropbox had gotten the county ax). I know I've not scratched the surface of what it can do.

Right now, I've got to do lists for everything I'm involved in. So, maybe about 3/15, I can start reading all the articles and watch all the videos to find out what it can really do!

One coach mentioned in the comments keeping a file on conversations with all teachers. This could also be done for all students, parents, colleagues.

btw, Steven Anderson has another post today on Evernote.

Comments

  1. I've been using Evernote all year. I have it on every computer and my phone.
    I pretty much use it for "notes to self" and storing webpages I find while looking for something else. I love the clip page feature!
    I use Dropbox too, but not as much. Mostly for taking photos out of my phone and holding them until I can put them in Flickr.
    I'm interested in seeing how you use these, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can drop some other apps because of this one. I've got to get to know it better first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using Evernote more heavily. It goes across all platforms and I have data with me everywhere. It even syncs with Olive Tree Bible Reader, so I am using that app more on my Nook. I may come kicking and screaming into this digital age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Olive Tree? I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations