New Church

Yesterday, Ron and I went to see Sherlock Holmes. (yes! it was another really good movie!)

We got there a little early when the adds were still on. There was one for New Church. It was a very clean ad with words along the lines of A New Church? In the Bible Belt? Really. And then just gave the url. So I went and found:
The New Church is a new Christianity

Oh really? Wondering what a *new* Christianity is. Of course I've got some suspicions
all people who live good lives, regardless of their religion, are welcomed into heaven.

Ahhh, didn't take too long to find it.

This is an old church and based on the *theological* writings of the scientist Emanuel Swedenborg (1688 to 1772). Lots of items to read in a search of his name. Add the word cult to his and well, there's just too much to dig through.

What I find interesting is that Jesus clearly said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." And still, people who base their teaching on the Bible ignore this for something else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations