Experiments in standing - 2 weeks

It's been almost two weeks since moving my desk to waist high. The first few days were the hardest, but it was also a very hard week at school. Since I stand nearly all day, I was unsure what standing in the evenings would be like.

Standing has become more of a habit. I do still have the stool out for an occasional perch. I've got some shoes that are easier to stand in than others. Huge surprise there. ;P  I think I've been more productive, but that's a bit subjective as every day's workload is different. I do know I've been sleeping better.

So, I think I'll keep it up. I may have to look for a bigger work space though. I had to get the ironing board out and put it beside my smaller work area to sort papers from which I was gathering info for a paper. When I was finished though, the papers went in the recycling bin and the ironing board went back in the closet. That may actually be a real solution. I've also got plenty of room on my desktop now for sorting. I've got problem solving packets in various stages on it now and they would have previously covered the kitchen table.

Comments

  1. Donald Rumsfeld didn't sit in his office, either. He had a lectern that he did his reading from. So, if it worked for Rummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumsfeld was mentioned in a couple of the articles I read before I made the plunge - although I did remember that from his "in office" days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy