A Cog in the Cheating Wheel

The Shadow Scholar - written by Ed Dante, a shadowy name.This guy makes $66,000 to write student papers. Maybe I'm in the wrong field. What was rather ironic through the essay was that he could point out the inadequacies and lack of ethics in his clients, but didn't mention his participation in the cheating process as cheating. He is providing a service. He is working.
You've never heard of me, but there's a good chance that you've read some of my work. I'm a hired gun, a doctor of everything, an academic mercenary. My customers are your students. I promise you that. Somebody in your classroom uses a service that you can't detect, that you can't defend against, that you may not even know exists.

He does ask this and it's a very good question:
Do you ever wonder how a student who struggles to formulate complete sentences in conversation manages to produce marginally competent research? How does that student get by you?

So how do they? Has education become such a big-business that we can let an utterly under-qualified student make it from admissions to graduation with no one noticing?

Appalling.

HT

Comments

  1. No self-respecting teacher allows a student like this to pass. Research has steps, and a teacher can definitely check the student's progress through each step. The Shadow Scholar sounds like a satirical piece to me, but I suppose it's not. Only in satire would a non-ethical person attack someone else's lack of ethics and expect to be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought it was satirical too had it been set up differently. It definitely shows the need for some kind of verbal consultation during the process.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy

Changing denominations