Wimba Workshop

This morning's workshop was on Wimba which is a conferencing/teaching tool. This is more for individual sessions while Moodle was on setting up courses. 

I'm still struggling with exactly the best way to set up a moodle course when I know most of the students don't have access to the internet away from school. I love that it keeps up with all their grades and they have ready access to those - if they can get to the net.

I was thinking as we were going through the Wimba course today that one of the ways it might be used is for absent students. That would mean I'd have to do every lesson an extra time to get it on there. I was also thinking it could be used on those days when you walk in and a good number of students are out. You could just do a Wimba class while you are doing class and archive it to be viewed later. Lots of possibilities at least.

Now that I have a Wimba classroom, if you'd like to participate in a class to see what it can do, I can set that up. Just let me know somehow, somewhere ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five TV Shows I Enjoy